Whitsunday Island Fishing Adventure
Liveaboard Fishing And Island Experience
Fish and explore the archipelago of 74 tropical islands famously called the Whitsundays. Whitsunday Island fishing adventure tours are a mixture of light tackle fishing and leisurely sightseeing. (Great charter option for husbands and wives) You can each have the best of both worlds! The combination of these two options allows you to fish in the morning to catch a fresh fish for dinner. Then relax in the afternoon with your favourite beverage whilst investigating secluded bays and white sandy beaches.
Whitsunday Island Fishing
A variety of fishing styles are on offer for Whitsunday Island fishing adventure. Trolling baits/lures around the islands for trophy pelagic species like sailfish, black marlin, Spanish mackerel and tuna. Bottom fishing in the channel for delicious red emperor, cobia and nannygai. Estuary fishing on the lighter gear in the Brilliant Company tender – 4.1m Cross X Country. Variety of fish species to be caught – coral trout, cod, snapper, parrotfish, emperor, tusk fish, trevally and many more.
Exploring The Whitsunday Islands
With 74 islands to navigate, there is lots of exploring to be had and each island offers a unique experience. There is always a calm anchorage awaiting our arrival with a bonus of being in complete isolation too. Choose from a variety of island activities, fishing, snorkelling, bushwalking, sunbathing and beach walking.
Popular locations we highly recommend you explore on your Whitsunday Island Fishing Adventure
- Whitehaven Beach – a must-see! – 2 lookouts (North and south)
- Nara Inlet – Visit the Aboriginal caves and a refreshing waterfall. Keep an eye out for the goats and friendly grouper.
- Cid Harbour – Whitsunday Peak Walk (The rooftop of the Whitsundays)
- Chalkies Beach – Snorkel and champagne sunsets
- Langford Island – A short bush walk to panoramic views and great snorkelling. Keep an eye out for the underwater turtle statue.
- Blue Pearl Bay – Known for its coral and fish life including a friendly resident Maori Wrasse.
Whitsunday Underwater Sculptures
Keep your eyes peeled for the Whitsunday Ngaro underwater sculpture trail, dotted around the most accessible parts of the region. Designed to encourage tourism in the area following Cyclone Debbie, the project consists of a series of intertidal art installations. Five artists, working with a variety of materials including steel and concrete created the underwater public artworks, installed in 2019.
Fantastic snorkelling experience!
Here’s where to find the Whitsundays Ngaro sculpture trail:
- ‘Maori Wrasse’ by artist Adriaan Vanderlugt at Blue Pearl Bay.
- ‘Manta Ray’ by artist Adriaan Vanderglut and ‘Migration of the Mantas’ by artist Brian Robinson at Manta Ray Bay on Hook Island.
- ‘Turtle Dream’ by artist Col Henry at Langford Spit near Hayman Island.
- ‘Anthozoa’ by artist collective Jessa Lloyd, Caitlin Reilly and Kate Ford at Blue Pearl Bay.
Bespoke Island Adventure
We tailor Whitsunday Island fishing adventure to suit your desires. We want to make your trip with us a great time on the water and an unforgettable fishing and island experience. Our professional crew thoroughly enjoy sharing their extensive fishing knowledge and favourite island locations with you. Whether you are an experienced angler or a first-timer, we will walk you through the process! Brilliant Company Charters is very privilege to offer clients privacy away from the busy crowds and exclusive experiences.
DeparturePort Of Airlie Marina, Airlie Beach
Departure Time8:00 am
Return Time4:00 pm